I think we can all agree that more kindness is never a bad thing. With that in mind, 2020 could use even more than the usual dose we all love to see around the holidays. I’m putting together a few kindness project baskets as both a gift for my friends, and an activity to encourage spreading kindness and joy. If you’re looking for something similar, we have the how-to and printables to help below. This is a really fun and easy way (not to mention contactless!) to spread some joy this holiday season!
What you’ll need at the most basic level:
- A basket, box or gift bag
- 2 containers: one for the cookies you’ll drop off to your friends and a second for them to use to pass on the cookies kindness
- The printables below (one for instructions and one to write your recipe on)
- Cookies you’ve made and the recipe you used to make it with it
- The dry ingredients for the recipe you’re sharing (it never hurts to make it easier on others!)
You can upgrade/embellish your basket with any of the following:
- Cookie cutters and seasonal spatula
- Small bags of sprinkles and candies for decorating cookies
- Seasonal plates and napkins
- Candy canes just for fun
- A bow or ribbon for extra detail
- Put your already made cookies in a container of your choice.
- Gather the rest of your supplies into the basket and make it pretty (after all, it IS a gift!).
- Print off the instructions and the recipe paper below, write your recipe on the paper. Print an extra copy of each and include those (leave the second recipe sheet blank) so you’ve already got it ready to go for your friends to keep it going.
- Drop it on the front step of a friend or neighbor and let them know you left something fun for them.
Click on each image below for the printable versions!