Visiting a sunflower field is something that we look forward to each summer. And as the sunflower season approaches in Minnesota, we have compiled the sunflowers fields where you can take your family to enjoy these gems of nature. All of these are within driving distance of the Twin Cities metro area – and the approximate distance is calculated based on drive time from downtown Minneapolis).
We are lucky to have so many sunflower fields around the Twin Cities to visit this summer!
Sunflower Fields to Visit Around the Twin Cities in 2023
- Located at 14861 Prairie Rd NW Andover, MN 55304
- Andover Sunflower has 3 acres of gorgeous sunflowers. The venue is located in the NW Minneapolis suburbs. It is the closest sunflower field to the Twin Cities metro area. Admission and parking are both FREE. Donations are encouraged to help the owners continue to cover the expenses of the field.
- Prairie land and tall pines flank the property and there is an abundance of wildlife. Winding trails are cut through the fields and over 30 unique props are placed, making it an ideal location for photo opportunities. Children and adults alike love exploring the field and discovering new props
- Pets are not only allowed in the field; they are encouraged! There are several pet-friendly props, including a memorial where pets can be remembered.
- The field opens on Friday, September 8. Field hours are 5:30 am-8:30 pm, 7 days a week.
- Check their website for updates and more family fun.
Waldoch Farm (25 minutes from Minneapolis)
- 8174 Lake Dr, Lino Lakes, MN
- Open with Joyer Adventure Farm 10:00 am – 5:00 pm with timed ticketing.
- They have planned for the sunflower field to start blooming in early August for their Early Sunflower Bloom Days. With areas of full Sunflower Bloom around the second week of August and finishing in mid-September. The Flower Field is open with Joyer Adventure Farm admission.
- Waldoch Farm Website
Green Barn Garden Center (45 minutes from Minneapolis)
- 26501 MN-65, Isanti, MN
- There will be several crops blooming throughout August. Each crop blooms for about a week-10 days. Food trucks are scheduled Fridays-Sundays in August starting August 5th.
- Green Barn Garden Center website
Treasured Haven Farm (60 minutes from Minneapolis)
- 53407 Government Rd, Rush City, MN
- Opening late July. The goal is to provide you and your family with a safe, genuine farm experience to enjoy the successive blooming sunflower fields and the woodland trails of this century family farm.
- Treasured Haven Farm website
When to see Sunflowers in MN
Sunflowers often start in late July, through August. Once they bloom they often last about 10 days. Most fields will plant at different times to ensure there is always something blooming. It varies by the farm.