One of my favorite things to do during the holiday season is to go look at Christmas lights! If we only did one Christmas-y event the whole season hands-down it would be looking at Christmas lights. For me, it’s one of those moments that really capture the Christmas spirit – watching our kids “oooo” and “ahhhh” as flashing lights dance across their faces. It’s spreading the joy of the season, and dwelling in the gift of family.
Every year, we put the kiddos in their Christmas jammies, pop some popcorn, grab a thermos of hot cocoa, and load everyone into the car (listening to Christmas carols, of course!). Then we start our grand pre-planned tour! We don’t do all 12 houses because it would probably take us a couple hours, but these are our favorites south of the river! Enjoy!
- 528 Severn Way, Eagan
- 8450 Ann Marie Trail, Inver Grove Heights
- 2005 67th St. E., Inver Grove Heights
- 6451 Beckman Court, Inver Grove Heights
- 679 Freeway Rd. S., Mendota Heights
- 1004 Holly Lane, Burnsville
- 1409 Summit Oaks Drive, Burnsville
- 16374 Harmony Path, Lakeville
- 14036 Flagstone Trail, Apple Valley
- 13540 Ferris Ave, Apple Valley
- 13452 Flagstaff Ave, Apple Valley
- 7877 131st St. W, Apple Valley**A few of the light shows take non-perishable food donations, so remember to bring some along!**
To view our other lights tours around the metro, click for each area below: