At Casa, you are always welcome. This year Casa de Corazón has adapted to the ever evolving landscape in order to continue offering the best child care for your little ones. We hold our centers to the highest of standards to create a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for your child. We continuously follow the official recommendations for the mitigation of COVID-19. We would like to share our standards and implementations with you as we continue to push through this pandemic.
As always, cleanliness and healthy habits are front and center at Casa de Corazón. Our nurse consultant has approved the thorough sanitation and hand-washing procedures we have in place to minimize the spread of germs, viruses, and infections; with an additional focus to decrease the risk of spreading COVID-19.
We are currently reminding and reinforcing the following procedures with our staff members throughout every day at Casa:
- frequent hand washing
- sanitizing classroom tables after each meal
- sanitizing toys, toy shelves, and other classroom surfaces at the end of each day
- sanitizing diaper changing tables after each change
- separating mouthed toys immediately for washing later
- deep cleaning the gym and other common areas regularly
- following our illness exclusions for both children and staff members
- MDH-certified food safety precautions
- cleaning, mopping and vacuuming the floor after every meal
Casa de Corazón follows recommendations from the MDH, CDC, DHS, and the government. To help mitigate the spread further, we have also implemented the following procedures:
- temperature kiosk and symptom checks
- new protocol for classroom drop off and pickup
- face mask and face shield enforcement for all staff members
- social distancing between staff
- staff quarantines when symptomatic
- installation of merv 13 filters in all centers as they trap 98% of airborne particles
When a positive case occurs at one of our centers, we report it to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and walk through our plan of action moving forward. We always inform the families and staff of the classroom where a person has a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 24 hours. We post updates on our blog and also communicate via email with additional COVID-19 information and updates.
We are doing the maximum that we can to curb the spread of COVID-19 by following our listed standards and implementations, while still being an open and running center for the many working parents that we have enrolled with us. As an operating school and essential business, we are following all precautions and should be a place of less spread inside our walls. We continue evaluating our processes as we receive more information and work alongside MDH.
At Casa de Corazón, our mission is to provide inclusive, diverse day care services within the communities we serve. This year, our dedication to the families in our communities is more important than ever.