Winter is officially upon us and what better way to get out & enjoy it than to go ice skating? Wells Fargo Mpls WinterSkate returns to Loring Park again this winter and is the ultimate place to take your family skating! This outdoor rink is completely refrigerated, meaning you can enjoy skating under the skyline in the heart of the city whether it’s 0 or 50 degrees! With free family-friendly events, complimentary skate rental, a warming house, and more, it’s sure to be a place where you can make some great memories this winter. We have all the info you need to navigate WinterSkate here!
Cost: Skating is completely FREE!
Hours: WinterSkate is open daily NOW through March 3!
Location: The ice rink is located in Loring Park (1382 Willow Street, Minneapolis).
Skate Rental: Complimentary skates are available during warming house hours. These are on a first come, first served basis. Sizes include 9K-13K and 1-13. Quantities vary, so bring your own skates if you have them!
Warming House Hours: The warming house is open Monday-Friday: 3pm-9pm, Saturday: 9am-9pm, and Sunday: 10am-6pm.
***Mpls WinterSkate will be open 12-9 pm on Minneapolis Public School release dates: Jan. 2-4, Jan. 21, Jan. 24-25, Feb. 15, Feb. 18
Activities & Events
Enjoy special events throughout the year!
The Wells Fargo Mpls WinterSkate will have free programming taking place throughout the winter. Come down and skate on your own, or enjoy a great collection of activities through March! Here are a few of the types of programming you’ll enjoy:
- Friday Fitness Skates: January 11 (80s Skate), January 18 (90s Skate), January 25 (2000s Skate) | 5-9 pm
- Skating Lessons with professional figure skater Amy Berglund: January 22, February 5, February 19 | 4-7 pm: Amy Berglund is a quadruple USFS gold medalist and a current show skater from Minnesota who travels the world performing in professional ice skating shows. She has a passion for coaching skaters of all levels along with performing at various events. She has been coaching skaters for over 10 years and looks forward to teaching everyone and anyone who wants to either learn how to ice skate or develop new skills.
- Drag Queen Skates: January 26, February 23 | 7-9 pm: Led by Barb Las Vegas, Genevee Love and Onya Deek: Come join your favorite drag queens ON ICE! Please enjoy a lovely evening sharing the rink with some of Minneapolis’ most beautiful ladies! Fun on skates and some fun performances!
- Make and Take Craft Days with Hot Cocoa: January 21, February 18 | 12-3 pm
- Hockey Day in Minnesota: January 19
- Mascot Skate featuring Goldy Gopher: February 9 | 4-7 pm (Goldy will be on site 5-6 pm)
- Movie Skates:
- February 1: Happy Feet | 6-8 pm
- February 8: Beauty and the Beast | 6-8 pm
- February 15: The Goonies | 6-8 pm
- February 22: Shrek | 6-8 pm
- Minneapolis Craft Market: February 9-10 | 11 am-4 pm
- Sweetheart Skate: February 14
- Community Thank You Celebration: March 3 | 10 am-6 pm
Have fun at the rink and on social media!
Skaters at the Wells Fargo Mpls WinterSkate are encouraged to participate in an ongoing Instagram campaign throughout the winter. While you’re there, take a photo with the Wells Fargo Mpls WinterSkate frame and post on your social media account using the hashtag #MplsWinterSkate. Plus, we have a SnapChat filter! Swipe through and find our Mpls WinterSkate snap filter while you’re at the rink.
Post on social media and you could win big!
Share your experiences at the Wells Fargo Mpls WinterSkate and you could win Minnesota Wild tickets sponsored by Wells Fargo! Tag your photos or videos using the hashtag #MplsWinterSkate for a chance to win a pair of tickets to watch the Wild face the New York Rangers on March 16, 2019.
Four winners will be chosen to receive two tickets each. One winner will be selected for posts in November, December, January, and February. Winners from each month are randomly selected by the mpls downtown council social media team.