We all need encouragement from time to time don’t we? As moms we often wonder are we doing enough? Are we parenting the right way? We can feel tired, and overwhelmed. Sometimes all we need is a little bit of love from our friends to get through a particularly rough day or week. As moms how can we go the extra mile to encourage our fellow mamas? Here are 10 simple ways.
1. Buy her flowers just because. They are bright, cheery and a daily reminder that she is loved.
2. Send a snail mail card to her home. Nothing better than encouragement etched in handwriting.
3. Make her dinner and bring it over for her family. Don’t cook? No problem! Surprise her with a giftcard to her favorite restaurant.
4. Coffee on her doorstep. Need more be said?
5. Take her kids for a day. You might have to insist on it, but she’ll love you for it!
6. Text her just to tell her how amazing you think she is. Encouragement out of the blue is awesome. You never know if your words will come right when she needs them!
7. Make her a basket of all her favorite things. Normally mamas won’t spoil themselves. Be her spoiler.
8. Come over and be her helper. Help with cleaning. Help with groceries. Help organize the little’s closet. Be prepared for a little push back, but good friends get into each other’s space and give a helping hand.
9. Call her and be her listener. Let her talk. Sometimes all a mama needs is a caring and listening heart.
10. Make a point to remember all the important dates in her life. Birthdays, kids birthdays, anniversaries, and send cards or a note of remembrance.
Do you have any ideas to add to this list? What can you do this week to encourage one of your favorite moms?